Boardworx 500

Engine Custom Harnesses

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.

Re: Engine Custom Harnesses

Postby tjah1087 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:55 pm

joe_mgh wrote:First use of my new harness this weekend and it got a pretty good test! 30-35knots South East / East in Marazion on Friday, Sunday and Monday. Gusty as hell.

Massively happy with the Engine. It stayed in place, didn't twist or rise at all. On Friday I actually didn't do it up tight enough and the spreader bar got stuck above the front neoprene belt for a while, but when I tightened it up there was no problem. It just felt tight as it fitted closer than anything I've used before, even with a loose bar.

I haven't made my sliding rope system thingy yet, so will give another update when I get time to do that.....

These sound pretty good. Did you find it helped your posture/lower back while riding? I was just round the corner at praa sands sunday/monday - the gusts were a bit punchy! Lovely waves though :) How much did it cost you all-in to buy it and get it shipped to the UK? Just noticed you are based in Southampton - where do you normally ride? Just wondering if I could have a gander at the finished article.
tjah1087

Postby joe_mgh » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:48 pm

It helped my posture in that it didn't move, so I didn't have to compensate for being pulled and twisted from higher up than my waist. I have a pretty bad back anyway and I'm getting good at riding with my core solid all of the time, but keeping the kite pull just above my hips was ace.

I ride at Hayling a lot, but will be hitting Bracklesham and East Witts this year too. Where are you riding?
joe_mgh

Postby tjah1087 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 pm

joe_mgh wrote:It helped my posture in that it didn't move, so I didn't have to compensate for being pulled and twisted from higher up than my waist. I have a pretty bad back anyway and I'm getting good at riding with my core solid all of the time, but keeping the kite pull just above my hips was ace.

I ride at Hayling a lot, but will be hitting Bracklesham and East Witts this year too. Where are you riding?

East witts + bracklesham for me - and sometimes bournemouth way too. Guess I will bump into you at some point! Are you involved with SUKS (Southampton Uni club) at all?
Last edited by tjah1087 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tjah1087

Postby mike dubs » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Picked up my Engine Harness yesterday and got out on it today. Powered 9m weather.

It felt great putting it on and feeling the effects of the mould as the harness fitted my back perfectly. Does up nice and tight with my own sliding spreader and straight away once connected to the kite you feel how robust the harness is. The rigid shell, padding and belt means the load is much better spread and gave me a much more connected feel. The big thing is though, that the harness just doesn't move, after some wipeouts and body drags and a good 90 mins powered it was still exactly how i had put it on, allowing my sliding spreader to do its job. After riding the last few days on my Mystic warrior III the comparison was stark, as no matter how tight I did it would ride up some time during the session.

Really pleased overall and would recommend them to any serious rider.

Mike

P.S George you're tartan looks good, you will love the feel of it.
mike dubs

Postby greenroom » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:14 am

mike dubs wrote:P.S George you're tartan looks good, you will love the feel of it.

I spotted it on the Engine FB page! Pretty excited to give it a go.
greenroom

Ocean Rodeo

Previous

Return to The Chicken Loop