New Trust Bar 2013

Kite questions, info, feedback and tech discussion.
kiteitright.com
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

New Trust Bar 2013

Postby kiteitright.com » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 pm

FYI

this bar is just incredible. the new changes make it one of the safest durable bars on the market. The new floaters, and lines are exceptional. After 1 week solid use every day by depower rope still looked new.

see the upgrades here
http://www.kiteitright.com/kite-surf/ki ... -6977.html

Impressed!

Tom
kiteitright

Share This

paulsouthcoast

Re: New Trust Bar 2013

Postby paulsouthcoast » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Jesus 1 weeks use !!!!!! That is durable

kiteitright.com
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Postby kiteitright.com » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:46 pm

if i used the bar for 6 days in a row all day.

thats effectively like 6 weeks use for a rider who gets out once a week.

There was no signs of wear what so ever at that stage.

Martyn

Postby Martyn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 pm

So if you used bar for 10 minutes a day over six days it would be the equivalent of lasting 5 years ....if you,only used it at a weekend "!

North gear is great. North depower lines ......mmmm

paulsouthcoast

Postby paulsouthcoast » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:14 am

My 2011 bar did 2 months before grip peeled off a month after that the depower line needs renewing now It needs re sleveing

Tbh the durability is terrible

Norths 5th line bar the safest bar on the market with the sh*test parts

Martyn

Postby Martyn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:26 am

Totally agree Paul
And what is annoying that when you speak to ( and I have to be careful here) a North Trader they give it the big cockney speak of " no mate you don't know what you are talking about, yours is the only one its happened to", you can guarantee that when North do eventually sort out the design problem that the same sales guy will say " oh yes, there was a problem on last years model "

That doesn't apply to you Tom ......you're ok mate

kiteitright.com
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Postby kiteitright.com » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:23 am

Martyn, thanks for claryfying that i was worried you were talking about me then..

Re the durability - Thes the first time i have ever heard of...... (only joking) ;)

I have no long term experience with any north bar, however of course the grip coming off is concerning. I hope you persued as warranty for that.

Re: the sleeeving and the depower rope. The depwoer rope issue is supposed to have been resolved with an interchanabge insert so if ever t gets worn or sharp you can relace it. Im not sticking up fo them, but simply saying, they have listened and addressed the problem, where other brands still use the same insert that has been a problem since 07

The sleeving.. well i cant see that the quality used is any less than any other brand in this but appreciate if you take into considerationt the price of the bars, thes things have to be sorted if its a problem on even a minority of numbers

Tom

Kiteitright

PGH

Postby PGH » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:08 am

always had issues with the wear on my north bars from 2005/06 to 2011/12 but personally its worth the hassles of changing the ropes as the bar is the best out there imo.

the latest has apparently cured the biggest gripe i had which was the physical effort and loss of temper actually trying to rethread the rope back through the handle on the end.
i found the slingshot bars a pain to change also as trying to remove the bearing from the rope was hard work and when i did break the bearing it was a nightmare trying to get a spare one.

looking forward to getting my hands on the 2013 bar..

paulsouthcoast

Postby paulsouthcoast » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:22 pm

The grip coming off was blamed on a wedding ring that I don't wear,then it turned into the asumption that it was a fin on my board that sliced it off lol and offered me a discount of £50 for a new bar

So I'm paying £50 towards a bar that's been made (well nearly ) by a bunch of chimps

Thanks north

anthonylanglands
Antispam: No
Location: http://www.kiteaddicts.co.uk http://www.essexkitesurf.co.uk/

Postby anthonylanglands » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 pm

One thing im super stoked on is they have change the u - pin connection that held the centre lines into the chicken loop , what a night mare that thing was .
I also never really minded the maintenance because i am just stoked on the bar and everytime i ride my own kites instead of the school kite i have a cheeky little grin .
My bars always wear on the grip on the bottom side about a inch either side of the centre line , i guess this is where the bottom of you thumb is and where the chicken loop will sometime whack the bar as it seats after you have lost the bar while unhooked , tbh my 2010 bar is just getting to the stage where im thinking about putting some tape over it , and given the amount of use that bar has had , 3-4 days a week min over 2 years ...it aint bad.
I suppose its different for different peeps probably depends on weight and how you actually grip the bar , tbh ive seen worse and better grips materials however as mentioned above at the price north as now asking , it really needs to be the nuts

paulsouthcoast

Postby paulsouthcoast » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:38 pm

My 2009 bar is still in perfect order,the grip that is

Share This

Return to “Kite enquiries and info”