Boardworx 500

Blackpool - Sea Defences - Construction contractors?

Hoylake to Gretna ~ Local beach info and chat.

Blackpool - Sea Defences - Construction contractors?

Postby timmy2000 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Hello Blackpoolers!

Please can you help and tell me the name of the civil engineering construction company working on the Blackpool central sea defences?

I'm a civil engineer trying to get work with the sea and have been made aware the company doing the defences are looking for people. However I want to avoid the agency and go to them direct, cheaper for them and more chance of me getting the job. An hour drive is a bit much for a chancing it and thought you guys and girls on the beach may be able to help. Any help or job offers going, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim
timmy2000

Re: Blackpool - Sea Defences - Construction contractors?

Postby kev ob » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:18 pm

timmy2000 wrote:Hello Blackpoolers!

Please can you help and tell me the name of the civil engineering construction company working on the Blackpool central sea defences?

I'm a civil engineer trying to get work with the sea and have been made aware the company doing the defences are looking for people. However I want to avoid the agency and go to them direct, cheaper for them and more chance of me getting the job. An hour drive is a bit much for a chancing it and thought you guys and girls on the beach may be able to help. Any help or job offers going, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim

i think i noticed it was birse when i was at the comp a couple of weeks ago
kev ob

Postby timmy2000 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:27 pm

kev ob wrote:
i think i noticed it was birse when i was at the comp a couple of weeks ago

Brilliant!
Cheers Kevob!
Just checked there website where they mention Cleveleys Coast Protection which is just up the road so will do some phone calls tomorrow and fingers crossed...

Thanks for you help and the great kiting community spirit! :-D
timmy2000

Postby sshorehg » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:06 pm

yep birse .

but they are nearly finish so cannot imagine they need any new staff . they are closing down the site and trying to empty the main compound and reduce the site area ???

but good luck anyways
sshorehg

Postby timmy2000 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 pm

sshorehg wrote:yep birse .

but they are nearly finish so cannot imagine they need any new staff . they are closing down the site and trying to empty the main compound and reduce the site area ???

but good luck anyways

Ah.
I'm lead to beleive its 'Blackpool Central Sea Defence', so guess thats further down than Brise at Cleveleys at the moment, are they moving down?
Have you seen anything at Blackpool Central Sea Defence yet, its surveying/setting out, so just starting out at the mo: http://www.carmichaeluk.com/vacancy715.html Have you seen anyone/companys doing this recently?

Thanks,
timmy2000

Postby Rossall » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 am

But they are also working on the North Shore Project as well up at the Wreck.

Phil
Rossall
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

carved.de

Return to North West