Suncream?

Harness, neoprene, accessories and trick bitz etc.
FlangeArtist
Antispam: No

Suncream?

Postby FlangeArtist » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi all,

Obviously we all need to take care when kiting. There is a lot of talk about equipment, and I'd like to talk Suncream. I'm looking for your recommendations for Suncream that will last all day on the water and in the heat? Suggestions of where to buy in the UK too would be personally useful.

Share This

Filthy

Re: Suncream?

Postby Filthy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Personally I wouldn't use anything else than once s day (apply twice tho!) p20 spf 50 on the face. A spf 50 rashie and either 50 or 30 on arms and legs...used it for years and never got burnt...really depending on wind burn factor and if you burn easily you may need zinc on the hooter...

Can get that at duty free or Sainsbury's.,,

Too Much Wind

Postby Too Much Wind » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:05 am

Filthy is right. P20 spf 50 is the best suncrean money can buy. Doesn't run into your eyes either. I have used it when surfing in sri lanka and never got sun burnt. Amazon is also a good place to buy it.

FlangeArtist

Postby FlangeArtist » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:21 am

I used to buy SolRx PROSPORT, but that has become increasingly difficult to get a hold of, and the last one I bought had 'gone off' (Suncream does go off...). Being a typical 'pale' Scotsman and going to Egypt, I need the protection. I have found ,especially on the legs!

FlangeArtist

Postby FlangeArtist » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:24 am

Think I found the alternative to SolRx PROSPORT. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06ZYH6BZK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T1_IxhCzbVM78B9H It says in the title "water resistant", but read the blurb and packaging its "Waterproof".

The SolRX Active Zinc formula is the choice of professional athletes for protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays. It still uses the WATERBLOCKTM technology as the SolRX Original range but the added benefit of Active Zinc which forms a physical barrier that reflects & scatters UV waves. THE ULTIMATE SPORTS SUNSCREEN SolRX Sunscreen was originally developed for, and tested with, athletes competing in the gruelling IRONMAN World Championships held in Hawaii. Clearly the ultimate test for any sports sunscreen. SolRX sunscreen had to last a minimum of 8 hours and protect athletes from eight times the dose of UV light that can cause sunburn. It also needed to be water resistant for a 2.4 mile swim and sweat-resistant for both a 112 mile cycle and a marathon. SolRX successfully met these rigorous demands and as a result is the preferred sunscreen of some of the world's most extreme athletes. WATER & SWEAT RESISTANT SolRX developed the unique WATERBLOCK system which ensures a high level of performance even during wet activity. In the tube the product is inactive but on application the ingredient structure changes as part of it evaporates into the air allowing SolRX to bond to your skin. This creates a water and sweat proof barrier (so no running into your eyes) whilst not clogging the pores thus allowing the skin to breathe. LONG LASTING FORMULA SolRX has been rigorously tested in extreme conditions to ensure it will keep you protected from the Sun whatever your activity. When AMA Testing Labs in the USA were asked to prove the sun protection performance of SolRX they found that even after 8 hours of wet testing, it still maintained protection above its advertised SPF (that's why we have a + after the SPF factor on our products).

Too Much Wind

Postby Too Much Wind » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:55 am

Sometimes i wonder why we even bother.

Filthy

Postby Filthy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Too Much Wind wrote:Sometimes i wonder why we even bother.

Agreed

Share This

Return to “General Equipment Enquiries”