Boardworx Best

Airush 2013 - the new thread...

Product news and press releases from supporting industry members.
(This section is now open for discussion)

Re: Airush 2013 - the new thread...

Postby duc996bp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Mike, are Airush still making the AFT 3 pad/strap??
duc996bp

Postby Mike B » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:59 pm

duc996bp wrote:Mike, are Airush still making the AFT 3 pad/strap??

Yup..
This is the 2012 version which is in stock,£125

This is the 2013 version which was in stock, but sold out..
Should be getting some more of these in the coming month..
These two pads are identical bar the graphics (and they are very similar at that...)
£155

There were rumours that there was a new lace version coming out, but I have heard nothing more since May. After the last lace version I would prefer to stay velcro... less hassle.
The velcro's have been very good so far..
Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Postby fatfish98 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Some VX and Razor pics here:
Super C shaped VX....lovely lovely kite.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
fatfish98

Postby Mike B » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:27 am

For all of you thinking about the BKSA this weekend at Redcar we will be there with all the demo kit..

Shinn;
Monk F - Supershinn - Street - Dundee - Gintronic - Toyboy - King George..

Airush;
VXR - Lithum - VX - Razor - Wave
Sector - Protoy - Switch - Vox - cypher

drop by, say Hello, and lets hope we get some wind...
Redcar is great fun on a sector even when the winds are offshore - a perfect place to try them..

see you there!
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=safari&q=maps&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&hl=en

and here is the new livewire video to keep you entertained!
This board should be out around Xmas..
Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Postby g0nz0 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:58 pm

I got back yesterday from the Airush European dealer conference. After four days of testing the new kit in light wind & getting out today on the 8m VX I can say that they have really stepped it up a gear on the kites for 2013. In the bigger sizes of kite I tried (Lithium, VX, VXR), the bar feel has really been refined - You get less of a workout & quicker response from the kite.

The DNA is going to be a killer kite for anyone on a bit of a budget this year... Its really a no frills Lithium, missing the one pump, the colour options & the nice airush rucksack to keep the cost down.

VX is probably the most changed from 2012. Its now much more C shaped, faster & really 'dynamic' to fly. I'll update once I've flown it a little more.

Dan
g0nz0

Postby Mike B » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:13 am

I was really impressed with the VX too... it's pushing the boundaries of what kites do in terms of their position so far forward in the window.. It's very unique and a lot of fun when you have the wind/boardspeed to light it up.

I need to send you a Wave to try Dan, this is probably the most impressive kite in the lineup in terms of the UK market.. Ideal for what 90% of us ride in..
Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Postby Scottish.Windfest » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:21 am

The VX is a very direct kite and for something with bridles it provides excellent feedback. I love my Razors and the VX is probably the closest any bridled kite gets to them in that I don't have to adjust my riding. That said I loved the Wave and it has come the closest to tempting me away from the Razor.

It was hard to pinpoint why but I think if I was going to get a 'technical' kite then I'd stick with the Razor as I prefer that over the VX; however the Wave was just easy and I don't mean in a delta kite numpty way. It was direct, yet light and precise at the bar and overall was just a whole lot of plug and play fun and my session on the 9m were about riding and not thinking.

I need to try a 6m in some nuking winds.....
Scottish.Windfest

Postby g0nz0 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:29 am

Rob C got out on the wave 12m a couple of times & really liked it. It looks like a really good all round option to be honest. I'm a bit heavier so in terms of kites I 'only' got to demo the Lithium 14m, Lithium One 16m, VXR 15 & 17m, DNA 14m, VX 12m. The standout combination for me, in the conditions we got, was the 16m One with a Sector 60 V3... it was going super early & the kite was really easy to fly in the light patchy wind. Not been on the Sectors as much recently & I forgot how fun they are in lighter conditions :)
g0nz0

Postby www.airforce.uk.com » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Don't think "the wave " is just that! I have had a few days on this amazing kite...will write up a report when i get my spelling hat on.Definitely one of the stand out performance kites of the season . I have included a few pics of the kite and bar as there seems to be very little info or reports available. The criss cross is the Aramid reinforcing .Whether the Armid tightens the the handling up i don't know...but if it is this reinforcing that makes it so precise ,any kite without it is old fashioned!ImageImageImage Image
www.airforce.uk.com

Postby John.B » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Ha Scotty! Another one falls victim to the Wave. I've written a review on it a page or two back on this thread with some video (I'm Scottish Windfest but did not change my login).

You pump it up and look at it thinking what is this and it throws you because you just don't expect it to handle or be as anywhere as good as it is. Still don't really understand why it is so good as it defies logic but this half Razor half Lithium bastard made me smile a lot - and that is what kitesurfing should be about!
John.B

Postby waverider » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:26 pm

I notice the Wave is using lot's of pulleys and thats not a criticism, I think the move to dump pulleys was a huge compromise for those who couldn't cope with something that needed keeping clean. Airush seem to be able to build uncompromising kites with or without pulleys and some recent experiences have pushed me back into the huge-respect position of those who practice the black-art of building bridles.

Wanst that many years ago when you didn't have many choices for an expert in the art of bridles.
waverider

Postby waverider » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:27 pm

waverider wrote:I notice the Wave is using lot's of pulleys and thats not a criticism, I think the move to dump pulleys was a huge compromise for those who couldn't cope with something that needed keeping clean. Airush seem to be able to build uncompromising kites with or without pulleys and some recent experiences have pushed me back into the huge-respect position for those who practice the black-art of building bridles.

Wanst that many years ago when you didn't have many choices for an expert in the art of bridles.
waverider

Postby Mike B » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:13 am

I had the 6, 9 and 12 Wave out yesterday in 12-30kts, at one of my favourite spots.
It was good to try them all, but in truth, while I was able to get around the break on all three (the 12 had huge levels of de-power in a very short throw) the conditions were perfect for the 9, and this kite, in this size really is truly exceptional..

- so fast in turn on a 53cm bar that you could forward turn it on one hand with medium levels of depower to a new tack and just have it power you though the window on the rail, or you can feather it on near total flag out with the shortest throw. Felt like a 6m but without the surges that 6m's normally suffer from.
- actually impressive for jumping - I had some serious height yesterday, and it seems to really pull it's socks up at the top of it's windrange, transforming from floaty to near VX levels of vertical punt. Redirection was funny - on landing you can push it almost back on itself - you have to take care not to loop it in simple re-direction. That said it's never out of hand or unsettling - relaxing and very trust worthy.
- bar feedback is solid and throw minimal - like all of the best kites I have flown in the last few years it felt like an extension - you don't have to look at it and it is in no way tiring to ride.
- sweet spot is enormous.

Through the history of my time in the industry, I have stood up and put my name on something and said that a bit of kit is revolutionary. The three biggest ones are the Lift pro, Vapor 1 and the Monk from shinn. While the Wave 9 is not as much a real step into a new aspect of the sport, it is very much the best example of a style of kit that I have been chasing for many years. I seriously recommend you get a go on one of these things, they are sensational.

This 9 is not leaving my van from now on...
Last edited by Mike B on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Postby John.B » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:56 am

Mike B wrote:
....the conditions were perfect for the 9, and this kite, in this size really is truly exceptional..

- actually impressive for jumping

This 9 is not leaving my van from now on...

Ha - I loved the 9m when I had it in Medano it was simply superb and intuitive to use and get performance from.

I really want to try the 6m in anger.
John.B

Postby fatfish98 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:36 pm

I was out on the 12VX today and the wind climbed to 25-28 knots and it was awesome!
Really good top end on this kite.
The VX has such good forward steering allowing it to turn really fast from the front of the window even when your arms are extended (sheeted out) so you can swing it back fast to 2 o'clock and then sheet in and get some amazing boosts and such a long float back down. Kite loops are also very precise and it keeps good power right through the loop and climb back up to catch you again....n n n n nice!

The other evening my mate was out on his 2012 12m vx and I had the 2013 12m vx and we lined them up in the air side by side and you can see the subtle differences.
The 2013 is very slightly higher aspect, i.e less chord width and has less sweep back in the front tube (this is from the riders viewpoint).

A really awesome kite....go try :o)
fatfish98

carved.de

PreviousNext

Return to Trade Expo